Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Respite

When I wrote the title of this article, I thought about the old melody, "Back In The Saddle Again" by Gene Autry. "Where the only law is right."

It's hard to believe it was June 2010 the last time I posted an article on this blog. To be sure a lot has happened in these past four years. It wasn't too long after June I started having heart trouble - the kind of trouble that causes a lot of physical distress. Eventually, I had to have some repairs. Didn't get everything fixed so had to go back four months later. Ended up out of that with a slight stroke which didn't help. As a result my blog writing kind of got put on a back burner.

Well, I'm not in any saddle, but I do have some things to talk about. I hoped to live to the day I would see God intervene to save humankind only to learn he already has. A lot happened in the last four years, maybe I'll write about some of that.

When my wife and I moved into this home 2006 we were soon introduced to a neighbor family that revealed themselves to be some of the most insidious, terrorist thugs you could ever imagine. As it turned out they were personal friends of the Eureka City Police Chief. So you can well imagine what a problem that turned out to be? We managed after nearly eight years to finally get them shut down - mostly. It was a bit distressing when they came down to our property one day and told us they were there trying to get me upset so I would have another heart attack. That's where Tinker came into the picture. I have a story about her and squirrels. This family reminds us of the squirrels.

Life is a journey; one that seems to be speeding by faster and faster these days. Got to run to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment